Spring and Summer Yard Care Services
Seasonal Grass Cutting and Trimming usually begins May 1st and runs to September 30th. Using professional commercial grade equipment, Yardscape can provide spring and summer yard care packages to suit every budget. Contact us today to learn more!
Power Rake, Vacuum, & Core Aeration
If booked before April 15th
$100.00 (plus gst)
Book Yardscape’s Premium Service Option before April 1st and receive a free Over-Seeding with your 1st Fertilizer Application.
Cutting & Trimming Packages
Yardscape has the equipment and manpower to provide spring and summer yard care services to
Residential, Commercial, and Condominium Customers
Weekly cutting & trimming front and back only
2 weed control applications
3 Fertilizer applications
(average sized lot; call for quote on pie shaped, corner, and large lots)
Other Summer Services
Spring & Fall yard cleans
$125 per hour
(minimum 1.5 hours)
Power Rake & Vacuum
$100 as a single service
$75 when combined with other spring service
$60 per application
$60 per application
All prices are for standard size residential 50’x100’ lot size. Contact to request a quote on oversized lots.
Residential Irrigation Options:
1. System Start Up – Checking all sprinkler heads to ensure no leaks, adjusting nozzles to provide for full water coverage, and checking to make sure timers are operational. Repairs and nozzle replacement is extra. $75.00
2. End of Season Blow Out - This package prepares your irrigation lines for the winter to prevent damage to your system when temperatures drop. $75.00
3. System Start Up & Shut Down – Combines the two services without you having to worry about scheduling it and includes a significant cost savings by booking both services at once. $125.00
Yardscape performs most types of irrigation repair (replace heads, fix leaks, reset or replace controllers or timers) throughout the season at competitive prices.
Healthy Roots = Healthy Green Lawn = Beautiful Property
Over time, lawns can begin to deteriorate for many reasons. Insect damage, weed infestation, drought and traffic can all cause lawns to suffer. Many homeowners believe the only solution is to replace the existing turf with new sod. The effort and cost associated with lawn replacement is in many cases, prohibitive, but fortunately there is another alternative. With a few basic lawn restoration techniques, use of fertilizer, grass seed and proper watering a lawn can be restored to its original condition.
A beautiful lawn adds to curb appeal and increases property value.
Over-Seed to Crowd out Weeds
- Over-seeding is a process where grass seed is applied over existing grass in order to fill in bare patches and create a thicker lush lawn. This can be done using a broadcast spreader or a machine called a slit seeder (picture above). The slit seeder makes small slices into the turf and deposits grass seeds into the slits thereby improving seed to soil contact which is essential for seed germination.
- A thick healthy lawn will choke out weeds and minimize the need for herbicide treatments.
Lawn Over-seeding – Prices vary depending on size of the property and area to be seeded. Please contact us for a quote.
Lawn aeration involves the removal of small soil plugs or cores from the lawn. This is done mechanically with a specific machine which is equipped with hollow tines mounted on a disk or drum. Known as a core aerator, it extracts 1/2 to 3/4 inch diameter cores of soil and deposits them on your lawn. Aeration holes are typically 1-3 inches deep and 2-6 inches apart. Core aeration is a recommended lawn care practice on compacted, heavily used turf and to control thatch buildup.
- Reduce soil compaction
- Penetrating heavy thatch
- Allows water and nutrients to more efficiently reach roots
- Enhance root growth
- Enrich soil surface
- Decreasing water run-off
Payment for seasonal services is required prior to each month end. GST will be added to all prices. Yardscape accepts:
Cash | Check | e-Transfer | Visa | Mastercard